Following the announcement made on Wednesday that the Club will be re-opening on Monday, 27 July 2020, we are pleased to be able to now provide further updates along with our full guidance:
- The gym booking system is now live and bookings can be made up to 2 weeks in advance. Only members aged 17 years and above can book the gym and this must be done online. Children aged 14-16 years can only use the gym with a parent and booking for this category only is via reception.
- The squash booking system is now live for bookings starting from 9.00am on Monday, 27 July 2020, however please note members who made bookings prior to today will need to check and most likely re-book their session due to system updates. Squash court bookings are based on 45 minutes play with a 15 minute buffer to the next game.
- Members can cancel their bookings online via the future bookings area at the bottom of the booking screen.
FULL GUIDANCE NOTES
Prior to attending the Club
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
Members should arrive in their sports kit ready to play and go straight to their court, gym or class. Please bring your own water bottle and keep this with you at all times.
The amended, temporary opening times of the Club are 8.00am to 9.00pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 7.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- Memberships will restart from Monday, 27 July 2020.
- Monthly paying members subscriptions will be drawn from early August 2020.
- Annual paying members; for those who lapsed during the Club closure, we will be contacting you regarding renewal; all Annual members will be compensated for the time lost due to the closure at their next renewal date.
- We are experiencing a high volume of member enquiries and would ask members to please be patient whilst we respond as soon as we can. If you have any questions regarding your membership, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The entrance to the Club is now one-way with no return.
- Once entering the Club there will be clearly marked signage for where to stand whilst waiting to be checked in via reception.
- As part of our extra procedures staff will take members details for track and trace purposes and take a very quick temperature reading (procedures will be reviewed at regular intervals).
- Please be patient with staff as they carry out these procedures.
- Members may then enter the bar (one-way – no return) or enter the corridor to the toilets/gym etc (one-way – no return).
- All children must be accompanied by a parent at all times and parents must ensure they abide by the one-way system. (Under no circumstances can children roam/run around the Club unsupervisesd).
- Members are asked not to enter the Club Offices at any time.
- If you need to contact a manager, please email them on the appropriate email address displayed in the Club.
- Our staff will be wearing masks and/or visors where appropriate to carry out their duties.
- Members are asked not to interfere with staff procedures.
- Members must respect social distancing measures around Club staff at all times.
- The bar will be open from 9.00am to 9.00pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am to 7.00pm Saturday and Sunday.
- The till points are clearly marked out and members must queue accordingly whilst social distancing.
- Hot drinks served in takeaway cups, soft drinks served in single use plastic cups, wine served in single use plastic glasses, bottled beer served with single use plastic glasses.
- Snacks will be available.
- Draft beer will not be available at this time – we will update members asap.
- The Courtside Bistro are planning to restart their food service from Friday, 7 August 2020 and there will be a takeaway sandwich service available from Tuesday, 28 July 2020, further updates to follow.
- Contactless payments only.
- Only member who have registered for track and trace at Reception may re-enter the Bar via the patio doors, otherwise the patio doors is an exit only.
- Members must only socialise indoors with members of up to two households (anyone in your support bubble counts as one household).
- Members must only socialise outdoors in a group of up to six people from different households, or in larger groups if everyone is exclusively from one or two households.
- Members must limit interaction with anyone outside their group even you see other people you know.
- There is reduced capacity for indoor seating, and members are advised to use the outdoor areas.
- Please do not move the furniture as this has been arranged for social distancing.
- Members must not stand/socialise at the bar.
- Members must not congregate in the bar.
- Water bottles will no longer be refilled at the bar.
- The men’s, ladies and disabled toilets will be available for use.
- Due to social distancing use of the changing rooms is to be avoided by members at all times but will be available to those with disabilities or special needs. Showers, Sauna and Steam Rooms will not be available at this time.
- The gym opening times are 8.00am to 8.55pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am to 6.55pm Saturday and Sunday.
- The gym has a new hourly bookable capacity of 12 people. We will carry out regular monitoring in the gym and update our risk assessments as required.
- Members must only enter the gym if they have booked online.
- Please enter for your session on time and not before.
- Please check in your booking online.
- Workouts are for a maximum time of 55 minutes and members must then leave the gym allowing time for the next booking to arrive.
- Members must wipe down all machines, weights, mats after every use with the available cleaning spray and paper towel.
- Please only refill your own water bottle at the water machine. Cups will no longer be available.
- New hand sanitizer units are fitted in both the cardio and free weights side.
- Unfortunately the aircon system cannot be used. The back door and extractor fans will be open.
- Personal Trainers will continue to provide their services to members however when using the gym this will be for 1-1- sessions only and with 1 trainer in the gym at any time.
- The studio class timetable has been put together around the current guidelines.
- The studio has a capacity of 10 participants per class.
- Social distance spots have been marked on the studio floor.
- There are 1+ metre distancing spots for class users along the studio corridor for users to queue. Please do not stand in front of the red line as this is to allow the instructor to go to the front of the queue to manage their class entry into the studio.
- Arrive for your class on time, no latecomers will be permitted into a class due to social distancing issues.
- Wet wipe stations are available at each side of the studio to enable participants to clean their own equipment before and after a class. It is the participants responsibility to ensure this is done under the guidance of the instructor.
- No sweat towels, bags/coats etc are to be brought into the studio.
- Members are advised to bring their own mats to classes.
- There is no equipment sharing under any circumstances,
- Unfortunately the aircon system cannot be used; the patio doors will be open to increase fresh air ventilation and the music will be kept at a reasonably low level to respect neighbours and the outdoor tennis players.
- Class participants can exit the studio via the patio doors and turn left past the tennis courts towards the car park or can turn left out of the studio and exit through the door at the end of the corridor and turn right to the car park. No access will be allowed back into the Club via the squash corridor including for the toilets.
- Classes have been slightly reduced to 45 minutes maximum to allow time for the studio floor and equipment to be cleaned between classes and for members to stagger their entrance times.
- Please use the hand sanitiser outside the studio door before entering the studio.
- Members must only enter the studio if they have booked online.
- Please check in your booking online.
- Bring your own water bottles, preferably already filled.
Entering the Club & Courts
- This will now look very different.
- Hands must be sanitised before and after play.
- Players are advised to the use the toilets before playing (if required) otherwise they will have to exit the building to return to these facilities via reception adhering to the one-way.
- Courts can only be booked online.
- We are no longer able to allow any member to turn up and play on a court without prior booking.
- Please do not bring unnecessary equipment or clothing with you, just what you need to play.
- The upstairs balcony is closed for viewing of squash courts.
- This will also be part of the one-way system and needs to be left clear for gym access.
- 1 adult parent spectator will be allowed for junior individual lessons only and Courts 1 & 2 will be used for coaching.
How we play
- For full details on the new way to play squash, clidk here: https://www.englandsquash.com/backtosquash.or https://vimeo.com/438126720..
- Hands will need to be sanitised before and after play.
- Players are asked NOT to touch the walls, please ensure you have a towel on court. Wearing of sweatbands and head bands is recommended to help with this issue.
- Players to bring own water bottles, preferably already filled.
- 15 minutes will be left between sessions ventilation, for members to wipe down touch points and ensure there is no overlap between bookings, with periodic 45 minute breaks for all courts to fully ventilate.
- Cashless payment if possible, if not a sealed and labelled envelope will be required.
- Courts will be booked and confirmed by your coach.
- The door will be open and closed by your coach.
- The ball will only be touched by your coach and once they have finished their coaching day it will be sterilised and placed in a locked container for 72 hours before circulation.
- Cashless payment if possible, if not a sealed and labelled envelope will be required.
- Courts will be booked and confirmed with you by the coach.
- The door will be open and closed by the coach.
- The ball will only be touched by the coach and once they have finished their coaching day it will be sterilised and placed in a locked container for 72 hours before circulation.
Leaving after your game
Once you have finished please exit the Club via the EXIT ONLY DOOR at the end of the squash corridor.
- All activity should be consistent with the Government guidance regarding health, travel, social distancing and hygiene at all times.
- The indoor courts will be available for members to book from 27 July 2020 based on a members individual bookings for singles or doubles play. Group bookings eg. Club Play or any other organised activity is only permitted outdoors.
- LTA Guidelines for the venue, players and coaches can be found at https://www.lta.org.uk/about-us/tennis-news/news-and-opinion/general-news/2020/march/coronavirus-covid-19—latest-advice/. The guidelines for players and the venue will be posted on the tennis noticeboards.
- The indoor and outdoor courts will be available at the following times:
Monday-Friday 8.00am-9.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8.00am-7.00pm. Times outside of these will be blocked out on the booking sheets
- The PAYG court charging scheme will stop from Monday, 27 July 2020 and members paying subscriptions will no longer be required to pay court fees.
- Courts can now only be booked online and confirmed online. Courts MUST be booked (no option to just turn up and play).
- A maximum of 5 courts will be used for coaching at any given time. Coaches will send court requirements to the Tennis Head Coach.
- The Club’s Safeguarding Policy will be as per normal guidelines. We have included a safeguarding section on the Player Guidelines https://ipswichsportsclub.co.uk/the-club/safeguarding/.
Guidelines for Tennis Coaches
- All activity should be consistent with the Government guidance regarding health, travel, social distancing and hygiene at all times – coaches must read and keep a copy of updated version of LTA Coach Guidance.
- Coaches must consider safety first, particularly minimising the risk of infection/transmission. A thorough risk assessment should be undertaken by each coach in addition to the Clubs’ own risk assessment for players and coaches.
- Guidelines will be updated as we progress through the different phases of Government measures – the LTA remains in discussions with Government and so coaches must check the official LTA position at www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus on a regular basis.
- Any measures coaches put in place to enable tennis activity to resume need to be capable of being flexible or changed quickly if tighter movement/social distancing is reintroduced in the future or when the restrictions are further relaxed.
- Coaches must follow this guidance and any material failure to do so could result in removal of privileges or even suspension or withdrawal of their licence to coach at the Club.
Health, Safety and Hygiene
- First Aid will now be available at reception and outdoors as before.
- Coaches bring their own hand sanitizers.
- Guidance on delivering First Aid during the coronavirus pandemic is available on the St John Ambulance website.
- Coaches to communicate with all clients on a regular basis regarding updates on guidelines. Coaches to continue to send new players the player guidelines before attending coaching.
- Outdoors – guardian (non-participant) attendance should be limited to one per child where possible, with social distancing strictly observed while watching the session.
- Indoors – due to the constraints of available space for social distancing there is no access to the indoor centre for spectators to watch coaching sessions, coaches are therefore advised to continue to use outdoor courts at this time.
Guidelines for Players
A full set of these guidelines can be found on www.lta.org.uk/coronavirus. The Club has worked to provide a full set of guidelines to enable the safest possible environment for players to come and play. Please read the guidelines and adhere to these at all times.
Before leaving home and after you return
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home to go to the court (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible). Toilet and hand washing facilities at the Club are available from 27 July 2020, however access to the indoor centre a max of 1 person queuing inside for the toilet. Access is only for the downstairs toilet. Please bring your own hand sanitizer to wash your hands before, during and after play, hand sanitizer stations are also available inside the club main building.
- All Courts MUST be booked online and in advance of playing using the Club’s online booking system – in the interest of safety of all players please do not turn up to play without first booking a court.
- The Club courts will be open at the following times: Monday-Friday8.00am-9.00pm, Saturday & Sunday 8.00am-7.00pm.
- Members booking indoor will need to bring coins for the light meters, please have coins organised before attending site as the bar will be a contactless payment system only and no change will be available.
- Members must ensure they leave the court 10 minutes before the end of their booking slot in order to ensure safe access for the next players.
- Members can book online up to 7 days in advance.
- Members must follow this guidance and any material failure to do so could result in removal of privileges or even suspension or withdrawal of membership.
- Bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Take all your own equipment (do not share equipment such as rackets, grips, hats and towels).
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play.
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including rackets and water bottles before and after use.
- Bring a full water bottle, and do not share food or drink with others.
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court.
- Please put all rubbish (water bottles, food packaging, ball tins) in the bins provided.
Travelling to and from the Court
- Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
- Avoid touching court gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- Allow others to leave before you enter the court – if you need to wait then do so away from the courts and clear of the gates.
- Ensure you leave the court 10 minutes before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players.
- Arrive changed and ready to play.
- Do not congregate after playing. No extra-curricular or social activity outside of the government guidelines should take place.
Maintain Social Distancing
- Stay at least one meter plus from other players at all times (including during play, when taking breaks and before and after play).
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five).
- Stay on your side of court and avoid changing ends, or agree to change ends at opposite sides of the net.
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it.
- The Club’s Safeguarding Policy remains in place. All details of the Club’s Safeguarding policies and contact details for the Club’s Safeguarding Officers, Karen Watling and Ali Livingstone, are on the Club’s website https://ipswichsportsclub.co.uk/the-club/safeguarding/.
- Hockey PAYG pitch fees will stop from Monday, 27 July 2020.
- Hockey play is only available to members of the Club.
- Hockey members keen to restart their hockey should contact the hockey committee through email@example.com or respective captains for details of forthcoming hockey training sessions.
- Members should bring their own water bottle and hand sanitizer to training sessions.
- All captains/organisers will be responsible when running sessions to ensure members train safely and in line with England Hockey guidelines.
- Please take your litter home with you at all times.
- Coaching is available and for further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go for Sport are running hockey camps and full details are available at http://www.goforsport.co.uk/website/.