I hope you have just about recovered from what was a spectacular weekend of sport, my heart rate has only just returned to normal!
Following the Governments’ announcement on Monday 12th July I thought it best to update you on the changes Ipswich Sports Club will make from Monday 19th July. Whilst the easing of restrictions sounds a welcome relief we feel that a cautious approach at this time is sensible and as such some of the control measures will remain in place as we continue to navigate our way through this pandemic. We’ll be continuing to promote good hygiene and ask that all members continue to use the sanitising stations across the site.
The following changes will be implemented from Monday 19th July:
- Face masks will no longer be compulsory for members or staff and will be discretionary to the individual. We ask that you kindly respect the individuals choice on this measure.
- The heat rooms (steam & sauna) within each changing rooms will reopen from Monday 19th July via an ‘On Demand’ service. If you wish to use either heat room please request this at reception with 30 minutes warm up time.
- Gym booking slots will remain in place until further notice.
- Screens between machines will be removed.
- Sweat Towels will be permitted in the gym & studio.
- The studio capacity for classes will increase from 10 to 12 people per class.
- Sharing of equipment will be permitted within classes.
- The existing timetable including class duration will remain the same until September.
- Please continue to sanitise all your equipment before and after use.
- 2 screens will be removed from bar, 2 will remain in place at the tills.
- The screen at reception will remain in place until further notice.
- Members will no longer be required to sign in at reception however the Test & Trace QR code will remain in place until further notice.
- Doors will remain open through the summer months to promote fresh air flow.
We are currently working on plans for September to further lift capacity in certain areas of the club such a studio. Until then we hope you feel our approach is appropriate to the current situation of the pandemic and as always we welcome your feedback and comments with how you feel these measures affect you personally.