I hope you have just about recovered from what was a spectacular weekend of sport, my heart rate has only just returned to normal!
Following the Governments’ announcement on Monday 12th July I thought it best to update you on the changes Ipswich Sports Club will make from Monday 19th July. Whilst the easing of restrictions sounds a welcome relief we feel that a cautious approach at this time is sensible and as such some of the control measures will remain in place as we continue to navigate our way through this pandemic. We’ll be continuing to promote good hygiene and ask that all members continue to use the sanitising stations across the site.
The following changes will be implemented from Monday 19th July:
- Face masks will no longer be compulsory for members or staff and will be discretionary to the individual. We ask that you kindly respect the individuals choice on this measure.
- The heat rooms (steam & sauna) within each changing rooms will reopen from Monday 19th July via an ‘On Demand’ service. If you wish to use either heat room please request this at reception with 30 minutes warm up time.
- Gym booking slots will remain in place until further notice.
- Screens between machines will be removed.
- Sweat Towels will be permitted in the gym & studio.
- The studio capacity for classes will increase from 10 to 12 people per class.
- Sharing of equipment will be permitted within classes.
- The existing timetable including class duration will remain the same until September.
- Please continue to sanitise all your equipment before and after use.
- 2 screens will be removed from bar, 2 will remain in place at the tills.
- The screen at reception will remain in place until further notice.
- Members will no longer be required to sign in at reception however the Test & Trace QR code will remain in place until further notice.
- Doors will remain open through the summer months to promote fresh air flow.
We are currently working on plans for September to further lift capacity in certain areas of the club such a studio. Until then we hope you feel our approach is appropriate to the current situation of the pandemic and as always we welcome your feedback and comments with how you feel these measures affect you personally.
To All Our Members
Please click below for details of the Club Christmas & New Year Opening Hours 2020:
MERRY CHRISTMAS to you all…
Dear Club Members
Following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 31 October 2020, the Executive have met to consider the closure of facilities and membership arrangements.
Whilst we are awaiting LTA guidance on whether outdoor tennis activity between two individuals will be permitted, we are expecting parliament to uphold the decision to close all lesure/sports clubs by end of the day, Wednesday, 4 November 2020. We are therefore advising members that we plan to shut the Club buildings again and furlough the staff as of Thursday, 5 November 2020. If we are able to offer outdoor tennis we will of course provide an update on this as soon as we can.
This lockdown is somewhat different to last time in that we believe it will only last for a month. We would ask that members bear with us as we propose to collect the Monthly Direct Debit for November 2020 but we will not be collecting for December 2020.
The previous arrangements will apply to Annual Memberships.
We have not increased subscription levels for five years and this has had an impact on our overall revenues and we still have running costs and repairs to meet.
We will update members with further news as time goes on.
Our *New* Kids Activity Camps are back this Summer for 3 weeks in July/August 2019.
Full of Holiday Fun for children aged 5-14 years.