Ipswich Sports Club and Ipswich Sports Club Services Limited
Regarding the website and the Club’s associated membership and marketing activities, Ipswich Sports Club manages personal data in a way that is fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your privacy is of the highest importance to us and we will never release your personal details to any third party without your express consent.
If you are already a member, applying for membership or use the Club’s facilities, certain personal information is collected from you (for example: your name, email address, date of birth, contact number, gender, bank details (where appropriate), category of membership and main interests).
We are acting as the controller of your data and all such information is held securely by Ipswich Sports Club; Ipswich Sports Club endeavours to comply with all applicable Data Protection and Consumer Regulations and will treat all your personal information as confidential.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this document and will notify you accordingly. This policy is effective from 21 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone numbers
- Category of membership
- Bank details
- Marital status
- Club activity preferences
- Notes for all correspondence
- Medical information (as appropriate)
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service and for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping in accordance with being a member.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you as a member.
- We may periodically send emails/enewsletters about member information, social activities, competitions, results or other information about similar services, which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests. This information is not shared with third parties.
We would like you to be able to receive member and Club notices, bookings, catering and coaching confirmations, news about the courses we offer and social events. We do this in various ways including enewsletters, email, phone and social media.
- EnewslettersWhen joining the Club, members will automatically be subscribed to the Club mailing system. Please note that from time to time important information about changes to membership fees/categories, Club general notices/rules and AGM/EGM details/Club Accounts, important section information, on-site businesses offers, closures of facilities, as well as some social events and other information the Club feel members should be aware of, are emailed to our members by way of our enewsletters and may not be available otherwise.Members can change their preferences by clicking ‘update subscription preferences’ at the bottom of the enewsletters we send to you. We recommend members retain ‘Club’ as a minimum subscription to receive the most important announcements eg. changes to membership fees/categories, Club general notices/rules and AGM/EGM details/Club Accounts, opening times and facility closures.Members may ‘unsubscribe’ from the enewsletter mailing list at any time via phone, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking ‘unsubscribe’ at the bottom of any enewsletter sent out.
- Marketing ActivitiesWe capture all prospective new member and function booking enquiry data via an enquiry form. We will seek permission with the prospective new member or function enquirer for a follow up call or return visit during the initial enquiry. We will no longer contact you regarding your membership or function enquiry if you advise us not to do so either in person, by phone or by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org respectively unless you become a member or book a function at the Club, at which time we will only contact you in relation to managing your membership or function booking. We will retain enquiry data for no longer than is deemed necessary to carry out our business. Once data is no longer needed we will dispose of the data securely. We will never share your data with third parties.
- FoodAll members and guests who make a reservation for our food nights or events, will be asked for contact details. These details are taken at the time of the booking so that we can contact you if there are any changes to the event/food night etc. We will never share your data with third parties.
- SportsWe may contact members and guests who have either booked or expressed an interest in sports coaching courses, MultiSports and/or any other Club activity offered at that time. For ClubSpark (online tennis course bookings) please email email@example.com if you wish to cancel your account.
This is our simple customer contact promise:
- Your privacy is very important to us which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
- We will never pass on your personal details, we do however use third party software to manage our membership database and member communication; our data processors are ClubNet www.clubnet.org.uk/ and our communication is via MailChimp and the LTA recommended coaching bookings software ‘ClubSpark’.
- We will only use your details to help personalise communications. We will make sure our contact with you is relevant based on the information you give us.
- We will always comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR. Please do let us know if your details change so that we can keep our records up-to-date and continue to stay in touch.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
International transfers of your personal information
We do not transfer your personal information to International third parties.
Personal Data Security and Confidentiality
We maintain adequate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Access and Correction Rights
You can request access to, and can update and amend your personal information and you can exercise any other rights you enjoy under applicable data protection laws, including, for example, objection to and blocking of the processing of your personal information, by contacting us – for security reasons, we reserve the right to take steps to authenticate your identity before providing access to your personal information. You will not be charged for this request.
Retention of data
We will keep your personal information for as long as necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, to provide you with services and to conduct our legitimate business interests or where otherwise required by law. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for membership (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 7 years following your resignation form the Club after which time it will be destroyed. The information we use for marketing purposes will be kept until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information. More information on our retention policy can be gained from the Club Secretary.
Changes to the policy
If you have any questions regarding this policy, or you wish to update your details or remove your personal data from our records, please email the General Manager, Andrew Yorke firstname.lastname@example.org Our Data Protection Officer is Pascale Cadier, who can be contacted by telephone: 01473 251143 or email: email@example.com
Further information about Data Protection can be obtained from the Information Commissioners Office at the ICO web site www.ico.org.uk.