Dear Club Members
On 28 May 2020 the Club Chairman informed members that the Club’s AGM would be postponed for the time being but that the usual AGM material would be made available to members. I can confirm that the Annual Report and Financial Statements for Ipswich Sports Club and Ipswich Sports Club Services Ltd including also the draft agenda and reports by the Chairman and Treasurer together with the postponement notice are now posted in the document store on the members portal which is located by logging in via https://ipswich.clubnet.org.uk/bookings.
As the Club adjusts to restricted play and access with ‘pay and play’ it appears that some members are making such good use of the limited facilities that the regular booking charge they may pay over a month amounts to more than what would be their normal monthly subscription. With immediate effect members will have a maximum charge limit of £40 in any one month. Once a member reaches that limit they are not required to pay fees for the reminder of that month.
I am however sure you are all keeping a close eye on the government announcements and we are expecting to hear news regarding lifting of restrictions for sports, fitness, pubs, bars etc towards the end of this month for 4 July 2020onwards. Whilst we are hoping that the news will be that we can now reopen our doors we will need to understand the guidelines for reopening including the latest social distancing rules and be able to meet these. That will be our challenge so until we see and consider those guidelines we will not know quite whether and when we can open all or more of the facilities for members.
I stress currently the advice for indoor areas for sports clubs, bars, restaurants, gyms, studios is to remain closed at this time.
With reference to the fitness side, UK active and the government are already in consultation regarding the opening of gyms from 4 July 2020onwards – we expect to see guidelines of how this will work as part of the announcement.
Tennis and Hockey have already started up on the basis of outdoor restricted play and are already looking at a potential restart of local competition play. Indoor Tennis remains closed at this time however again new guidelines may be forthcoming from July 2020.
The latest advice from England Squash is that facilities remain closed however they await the latest update for the government, again we are hoping to see a return to Squash in the next government announcement.
Whilst it is very much a wait and see situation, we need to start to anticipate/prepare for a July reopening if this is the message we receive at the end of the month. To this end Studio Class timetables are under review, staffing considerations are also being considered and we would also recommend businesses/contractors start to prepare should we get the green light.
As part of this we are already doing the following:
- Purchased 3 x safety desk screens for the bar and reception arriving late June
- Installing 10 new hand sanitizer units at the Club around entrances and exits
- Reviewing building layout and all areas for the current 2m social distancing rules
- Preparing in the event we can open and restart the monthly membership subscriptions
- Online Covid-19 training for our Club staff
- PPE’s for employed staff to be made available, gloves masks etc (policy will be in line with UK Government’s business guidelines)
- Assessing Studio capacity on 2m guidelines
- Reviewing the Gym based on 2m guidelines
- New booking facilities including auto gapping between court bookings
- Email messages for those booking regarding COVID-19 announcements and guidelines
- Potential booking system for the Gym to monitor numbers attending similar to how the Studio works.
All of the above actions are in anticipation and dependant on lifting of restrictions and the latest guidelines.
Further updates will follow but do keep in touch with what’s happening via our Club Social Media pages here: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and our Website as well as our Club ENewsletters.