How Ipswich Sports Club is managed
By members, for members
We’re proud to say that throughout our 75-year-history, Ipswich Sports Club has been owned and managed by its members.
It has always been important to us that our Club is accessible to everyone within our community. That’s why, in 2020, we restructured to become a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC).
Being a CASC, there’s no national brand dictating what we should or shouldn’t offer our members. We let our member community decide and have the right governance in place to make sure we spend wisely.
Our Board & Council
Running ISC 2020 Ltd (as Ipswich Sports Club is officially known), is our Board of 6 Directors who are supported by an advisory voluntary Executive Council of members, including sports representatives. George Burley is currently our Club President.
Our Board and Council are re-elected every year, and apart from the necessary operational expenses, we’re proud to say that every penny is reinvested back into our Club for the benefit of our members.
As a Community Amateur Sports Club (CASC), we commit to:
- Being open and welcoming to everyone within the community
- Having a membership that is accessible to all and free of discrimination
- Providing facilities that cater for all members without discrimination
- Keeping our membership fees at a level that makes our Club accessible to as many individuals and families as possible
- Creating an environment where members can engage with like-minded individuals, build friendships, and contribute to their local community
- Supporting and nurturing our members with coaching and training programmes for every level of play
For the benefit of our members, we run like clockwork. Day-to-day operations are managed by our General Manager, Chris Grimwood, and his team.
Each of our sports and fitness activities has a number of experienced qualified coaches, many of whom have been with us for several years.
Much of our Club’s success, of course, is attributed to our wonderful members and volunteers who give up their time to organise many of our sporting fixtures and social events. Without them, and the volunteer members before them, we simply wouldn’t be the thriving Sports Club that we are today.